Monday, February 14, 2011

Day Five- “Which was your favorite serial killer?”


The first thing we did on Friday morning was head to Midas to get my brakes fixed because they had been squeaking the entire time we were in LA which was beyond annoying. After dropping the car there, we walked to the Museum of Death that I found by googling museums near the Midas we were stuck at. We walked over to the museum, which was a somewhat small building covered in ivy. What was inside I will not soon forget. Since Brock is obsessed with horror movies, I knew he would love this. The museum did not disappoint. From letters from serial killers in prison to an actual electrocution chair, this place had tons of rooms with lots of creepy stuff. Unfortunately, Brock thought it would be funny to put me in the chair and strap me completely in. I was not thrilled.


From there we went to the La Brea Tar Pits. To sum up that place, we were too cheap to pay for the museum so we walked around and checked out the pits. The highlight of that place was when Brock decided to chase the birds around the park. I tried to get a good picture of it, but he was so fast I only got one from when they had all flown away.





We headed to Santa Monica and scored a free parking spot- yay! We walked down to the beach and collected rocks and put our feet in the water. Then we walked to the pier and got some ice cream and enjoyed the view from a bench. After that we rode a sweet roller coaster and grabbed some dinner at Bubba Gumps. (It was both of our first times there, so we were thoroughly excited.) We watched the sun set along the beach which was gorgeous, and then we headed back home to fall asleep by 7, and not wake up until the next morning. We are always tired here!




No comments:

Post a Comment